- A robot made of robots: Emergent transport and control of a smarticle ensemble,
- William Savoie, Thomas A. Berrueta, Zachary Jackson, Ana Pervan, Ross Warkentin, Shengkai Li, Todd D. Murphey, Kurt Wiesenfeld, Daniel I. Goldman,
Science Robotics (2019), Volume 4, Issue 34
- Supplementary Movies
Individual smarticle performing square gait
Smarticle cloud: Seven active smarticles
Supersmarticle: M = 0.51, five active smarticles
Supersmarticle: M = 0.51, one inactive, four active smarticles
Supersmarticle: M = 3.6, one inactive, four active smarticles
Supersmarticle: M = 3.6, endogenous phototaxing
Supersmarticle: M = 3.6, exogenous phototaxing
- Related Press:
- Georgia Tech Research Horizons: "Shape-Shifting Robot Built from “Smarticles” Shows New Locomotion Strategy"
- The Engineer: "Smarticle robots built from smaller swarming robots"
- Science Mag: "Watch a robot made of robots move around"
- IEEE Spectrum: "Stochastic Robots Use Randomness to Achieve More Complex Goals"